Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Review of Patagonia Maha Breathe Shoes - Women's

Originally submitted at REI

Just in time for summer, the Patagonia Maha Breathe ballet-style shoes are nearly all mesh, offering high breathability without skimping on great looks.

Best Ballet Flat Ever!

By surferjinx from San Francisco, CA on 6/30/2011

5out of 5

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Breathable, Comfortable, Great with Jeans, Stable, Stylish, Versatile, No rubbing at any edges, Cushions Impact, No pressure on bunions, Removeable insole

Best Uses: Work, Travel, Date Night, Casual Wear, Great with jeans, Great with skirts, School

Describe Yourself: Stylish

I have been looking for a breathable and comfortable ballet flat and I've finally found one after over a year of very active searching (I'm pretty picky about things being comfortable as I tend to get pain in the little bunions behind my pinky toes and I hate it when my shoes get smelly!). These shoes are really flexible and soft and there is no pressure on sensitive bunion areas and no red marks or blisters around the edges; even in the back. I have a very thin foot so I had to choose a smaller size so my heel wouldn't slip out(I was between a 7.5 and an 8) and I haven't had any problems. I have the black and I've been wearing it every day since I've had it for 3 weeks - with jeans, with casual skirts & even slacks to work. I've just ordered a second pair and a third one in retro khaki (only on the patagonia website) in case they stop making this soon! The mesh part just looks like fabric from afar and looks pretty stylish while keeping your feet cool. The sole is just the right size and this shoe keeps my foot pretty stable and it does not slide around or tend to any one side. I was even able to put Smartfeet inserts (size C) inside the 7.5's but they are a little wider than the shoe so it reduces the space inside but it works if your feet are thin and if they are a tad shorter than the shoe. I recommend this!

The mesh goes all the way through to the sole (under the front toe leather) so there is no irritating strip on the inside where the mesh meets the leather.

(legalese)

No comments: